(New) Kogel "Gain Chain" Coated Chains
Introducing Kogel wax-coated bicycle chains! In our never-ending pursuit of going faster with less energy, Kogel introduces our GAIN CHAIN wax-coated bicycle chains developed in collaboration with the NeXT eSports team to help you maximize your pedaling efficiency.
Improving Drivetrain Efficiency
Did you know Elite eRacing teams are mandated to do double data collection: a crank or pedal-based power meter in combination with a smart trainer?
When comparing power data (i.e watts) at the cranks and smart trainer, the reduction in overall drivetrain friction was three percent vs a chain using a standard racing lube.
The savings were also found to scale, it stays a constant two to three percent across the entire power range, from easy pedaling to all out sprint finishes. How would you feel gaining 6 or 7 watts of free output across the entire bike leg?
Chains are available in
- Sram AXS Force Flattop (based on Sram Force for lowest friction)
- Sram AXS RED Flattop (based on Sram RED for best durability)
- Shimano 12-speed Ultegra/XT (fits all Shimano road and MTB 12-speed drivetrains)
- Shimano 11-speed Ultegra/XT (fits all Shimano road and MTB 11-speed drivetrains)
- KMC X12 for Shimano/Sram Eagle/Campagnolo 12-speed drivetrains